1. Our Service
Welcome to MyPetsNeighborhood™️. MyPetsNeighborhood™️ is where neighbors plug into the neighborhoods that matter to them. We believe by bringing neighbors together, we can cultivate a kinder world where everyone has a neighborhood they can rely on.
We use “MyPetsNeighborhood™️” to refer to the MyPetsNeighborhood™️ websites and our iOS and Android apps (also referred to as our “Services”). We also use “MyPetsNeighborhood™️,” “we,” “us,” and “our” to refer to the companies operating the Services as described in the Member Agreement.
2. What information is collected?
2.1. From you.
● Your contact details.
○ When you sign up for MyPetsNeighborhood™️, you may provide your name, address, phone number, profile photo, email address, location, date of birth, gender, demographic information, and similar information.
○ If you want to join MyPetsNeighborhood™️, or use a MyPetsNeighborhood™️ service, before it has been introduced to your neighborhood, then you can choose to give us your contact information and ask us to notify you when we do introduce the service to your neighborhood.
○ If you contact support, you may provide us with your contact information and a description of the issue so we can respond.
● Data from other accounts. If you use a third party, like Facebook, Google, or Apple to log in to MyPetsNeighborhood™️ (or later connect your third party account to your MyPetsNeighborhood™️ account), then you authorize the third party to share your personal information with us, including your name, photo, email address, and any other information you agree to share.
● Posts, interests, location, and recommendations.
○ You may share information about yourself in your profile, including your interests, skills, a picture, information about your household, biographical information (such as your job, hometown, time you have spent living in the area, etc.), emergency contact, or even what you love about your neighborhood.
○ You may share information about your interests, including joining a Group or following a neighborhood or topic.
○ You may post on MyPetsNeighborhood™️, or send a private message. Posts may include, but are not limited to text, photos, or video, tagging people or places, offering things for sale, and anything else you want to share.
○ You may choose to share information about local businesses in the form of a recommendation, review or rating, comment, or by creating a business page.
● Payment information. If you make a payment either to or through MyPetsNeighborhood™️, then you are providing our third-party payment processors (for example, Stripe) with your payment card details and other payment information in order to complete the transaction.
● Survey data. We may contact some Members to request participation in a survey or other general research. If you choose to take part in these, you may provide information, feedback, and comments to us in response.
● Contests, sweepstakes, and prize drawings data. If you take part in a contest, sweepstakes, or prize drawing, then you may provide information, feedback, and comments in response.
● Messages and email data. We collect information about you when you send, receive, or engage with messages, emails or physical mail in connection with our Services, including whether you have opened or acted on those messages.
● Photos and videos. You may choose to grant the Services permission to collect images, video and other information from your device’s camera and photos, such as when you include images and video in your posts. These files may include metadata indicating how, when, where and by whom the files were created and how they are formatted. Metadata can make your files more searchable and interactive but it may be accessible to other Members or anyone else who can access the files.
● Contact lists. With your permission, we may sync your contacts with MyPetsNeighborhood™️, including their name, email address, physical address, and phone number. You may also manually enter the contact information of your neighbors. We use this to help you see which of your contacts are already on MyPetsNeighborhood™️, invite contacts who aren’t on MyPetsNeighborhood™️ to join, get notified when contacts join, and see more of what’s relevant to you through personalization.
● Geolocation. You may choose to grant the Services permission to access your device’s precise geolocation, which we use to confirm your address and help us operate or personalize our Services, including by tagging posts, adding information to a map, and helping us show you more relevant content or ads.
● Business information. If you use our Business Services, you may share details about your association with a business and services offered by you or the business.
● Booking information. If you use our Hire a Pro Service, you may share information related to the bookings you seek, such as your search terms, service type and job desired, timing, service address, cost, materials, Job Code, and associated communications.
2.2. From your browser and device.
With your permission, where it is required by applicable laws, we, our service providers and partners collect technical information when you visit or use MyPetsNeighborhood™️, engage with our partners, or interact with our or our partners’ marketing communications, including:
● Device data, such as your device’s manufacturer and model, operating system and version, screen resolution, RAM and disk size, CPU usage, unique identifiers (including identifiers used for advertising purposes), crash data (if applicable), what device settings you’ve enabled, carrier, radio/network information (e.g., WiFi, LTE, 3G), and general location information such as city, state or geographic area. Your device and software settings affect what information your device makes available to us.
● Online activity data, such as the date and time you visited, duration of access, the browser or app version you used (and its settings), the URLs you come from and go to, and how you used MyPetsNeighborhood™️ and interacted with our emails and other messages (for example, how you navigated and which links you clicked on).
2.3. From third parties and public sources.
We may collect information from third parties (such as service providers and partners) and public sources. For example:
● MyPetsNeighborhood™️ Members may sync their contacts with MyPetsNeighborhood™️, including their contacts’ email addresses, mailing addresses, and phone numbers.
● Vendors provide us with map and residential address information in order to help us launch MyPetsNeighborhood™️ in new neighborhoods and update existing neighborhoods.
● Vendors provide information about Members and their homes for advertising, analytics, personalization, and measurement purposes.
● Vendors and partners provide information about businesses to help us create business pages and offer our Services to businesses.
● Advertisers provide us with information about their users or potential customers to help us personalize advertising and measure the performance of their advertisements.
● Public sources, such as census data, street addresses, property lot maps, and postal address change information, provide us with information that helps us understand our Members, improve our Services, and determine potential areas for expansion.
3. How is my information used?
We use personal information for the following purposes or as otherwise described at the time we collect it:
3.1. Establishing and developing neighborhoods.
We use personal information to identify and invite potential new Members to MyPetsNeighborhood™️, and to set up new MyPetsNeighborhood™️ neighborhoods. For example, you can ask us to send invitations to potential new Members and reminders on your behalf, send direct mail invitations, invite your friends, or notify you when we start offering the Services to your neighborhood.
3.2. Setting you up on MyPetsNeighborhood™️.
To get Members started on MyPetsNeighborhood™️, we use personal information to:
● Confirm Member accounts by employing several techniques, including checks against third party data and public records, verification codes, or geo-verification. We also use public registries to block registered sex offenders in the United States (and other countries where permitted by law) from signing up for the Services. In some circumstances, we may ask for additional information (such as government-issued identification and business documentation) to confirm Member accounts.
● Notify neighbors of new Members as they join the neighborhood.
● Populate Member profiles and personalize MyPetsNeighborhood™️.
● Create and offer Business Services, which help Members learn about the businesses in their communities. To claim your Business Page, click here.
3.3. Provide and improve the Services.
We use both manual and automated systems to analyze and use your Content (as defined in the Member Agreement) and other information, including:
● To operate MyPetsNeighborhood™️, create neighborhoods, suggest neighborhoods, invite neighbors, and improve our products and features.
● To help you create, publish, view, share, and respond to Content, including highlighting interesting posts.
● To highlight groups, neighborhood topics or other resources.
● To administer and obtain feedback via surveys, sweepstakes, contests, or other promotional activities.
● To highlight businesses, ads, offers, products, and services you may be interested in.
● To provide Business Services, such as enabling Business Pages and promotional services.
● To provide the Hire a Pro Service, such as facilitating your service bookings and understanding your experience with them.
● To personalize your experience.
● To understand the trends, usage statistics, and demographic data of the Members and neighborhoods we serve.
● To respond to your support requests and comments.
● To test and evaluate potential new products and features on MyPetsNeighborhood™️.
● To diagnose and resolve problems, analyze trends, and monitor usage and resource needs.
● To accept payments, through our third party payment processors.
● To communicate with you about the Service, including by sending announcements, updates, security alerts and support messages via email, notifications, and text messages.
3.4. Create and maintain a trusted environment.
We may use your information to help create and maintain a trusted environment on MyPetsNeighborhood™️, including:
● To detect and prevent fraud, spam, abuse, security incidents, and other harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity.
● To conduct security investigations, audits and risk assessments.
● To comply with our legal obligations.
● To confirm or authenticate information or identification.
● For the legal and safety reasons described below in Section 4.3.
We use your information to provide and improve advertisements and other commercial offerings both on and off the Services:
● To help personalize advertisements based on what we think may interest you.
● To provide and measure the effectiveness of personalized advertising, including whether it is interesting to Members and effective for the advertiser.
● To improve the personalization of advertisements.
● To send you promotional messages, marketing, advertising and other information that we think may interest you.
● To invite you to events and relevant opportunities.
3.6. Research and Development.
We may use your personal information for research and development purposes. As part of these activities, we may create aggregated, de-identified and/or other anonymous data from personal information we collect. We make personal information into anonymous data by removing information that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We may use this anonymous data and share it with third parties for our lawful business purposes, including to analyze and improve the Services and promote our business.
4. Is my information shared with third parties?
We share personal information as follows:
4.1. Content shared on MyPetsNeighborhood™️.
MyPetsNeighborhood™️ is a platform for neighbors to share helpful information with each other. To that end, the Content you post on MyPetsNeighborhood™️, such as posts, replies, recommendations, messages, and your profile information, may be visible to other Members, businesses, governments and agencies, or the public, including Visitors (as defined in the Member Agreement) and search engines. You can adjust the visibility of your posts in the preferences in your settings, the preferences on the Content you provide, and as described in Section 5 below. Please be sure to read the options you have under the “What are My Choices” section below. If this information is cached by third party search engines or other third parties, please note we do not control the practices of these third parties, and they may use caches containing outdated information. Please consult these third parties’ privacy policies.
4.2. Account confirmation.
We may share your personal information with our verification partners, such as telecommunications providers (if you choose to confirm your account by providing your telephone number) and data providers to confirm your account.
4.3. Legal and safety reasons.
We may retain, preserve, or share your Content and personal information with law enforcement, government authorities, and private parties if we have a good-faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond, based on applicable law, to a legal request (e.g. a subpoena, a search warrant, court order, or other request from government or law enforcement); (b) detect, investigate, prevent, and address fraud and other unauthorized, illegal or unethical activity, security, or technical issues; (c) protect our or others’ rights, property, or safety; (d) enforce our Member Agreement or any other agreements we have with you; (e) prevent physical injury or other harm to any person or entity, including you and Members of the general public. For example, we may share your personal information with disaster relief agencies, first responders, and other individuals to facilitate disaster or emergency response efforts.
If you view, click on, or reply to an advertisement or other offer on the Services, we may share your reply and limited Member profile information with the advertiser, and we may log your interaction as part of tracking the overall effectiveness of the advertisement. We may also pre-populate replies to ads you click on with your contact details, but those details are not shared with the advertiser without your consent.
4.5. Third party partners.
MyPetsNeighborhood™️ may partner with third parties such as Pros though the Hire a Pro Service to offer Members the ability to book a range of different services, such as home improvement, dog walking, personal training, and tutoring. These offers may be integrated into MyPetsNeighborhood™️, such as through the Business Services or Hire a Pro Service, or MyPetsNeighborhood™️ may contain links to other websites or apps featuring the offers. In order to tailor these offers to you, we may share limited personal information with such third parties, such as your neighborhood or zip code, the business topic of the content you are viewing, or a business search query (for example, a search for “plumber”). When you engage with one of these offers or request a booking with a Pro, you or MyPetsNeighborhood™️ may share additional information (such as contact information) directly with the third party partner or their representative. If you engage with third party partners through MyPetsNeighborhood™️, the third parties may share with us certain personal information about you to allow us to monitor, coordinate, assess, and improve the services provided to you. This may include information about a booking you make with the third party, including type of service, name and address of provider, the time of booking, and your communications with the third party. These third parties may have their own privacy policies, which may apply to your activity if you click on or interact with their offers featured on MyPetsNeighborhood™️ or other websites or apps.
4.6. Service providers.
We may also share your personal information with service providers and/or data processors to help us operate, provide, improve, understand, customize, support, and market our Services. These service providers and data processors are contractually required to use it only to provide their service to us, and are contractually prohibited from using it for their own purposes. They provide a variety of services, including payment processing, information technology, cybersecurity, fraud prevention, hosting, customer relationship management and support, communications delivery, marketing, advertising, and website and mobile application analytics.
4.7. Social Media.
Our Services include certain social media features, including social media share button. If you choose to share a post using the social media share button, information about that Content will be shared with the relevant social media platform.
4.8. Within the MyPetsNeighborhood™️ corporate family.
We may share your information within our “corporate family”, including between MyPetsNeighborhood™️, Inc., MyPetsNeighborhood™️ Canada, Ltd., MyPetsNeighborhood™️ Australia Pty Ltd., MyPetsNeighborhood™️ UK, Ltd. and MyPetsNeighborhood™️ EMEA Limited, to help provide, maintain, and improve Services. Some of these companies may not be located in your home country. As we grow and MyPetsNeighborhood™️ becomes available in more countries, we may expand the corporate family within which we share your information by establishing local subsidiaries or other affiliates in these countries as needed to help us provide MyPetsNeighborhood™️ there.
4.9. Business reorganization.
We may need to share your personal information with the relevant participants in transactions (or potential transactions) involving a corporate divestiture, merger, consolidation, acquisition, restructuring, reorganization, or sale or other disposition of some or all of the assets of, or equity interests in, MyPetsNeighborhood™️ or our affiliates (including, in connection with a bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
4.10. Professional advisors.
We may share personal information with our professional advisors, such as lawyers, auditors, bankers and insurers, where necessary in the course of the professional services that they render to us.
4.11. Payment processors.
5. What are my choices?
You can choose the degree to which your personal information, such as the street number of your home address, is shared in your personal profile and alongside your posts by using your account settings. You can modify these account settings at any time.
When you post content on MyPetsNeighborhood™️, you also can choose who gets to see your post. You can read more here about the choices you have regarding the sharing and visibility of your posts. Some of these choices may not be available for our Business Services, such as our Business Pages.
See our jurisdiction-specific disclosures in Section 11 below for more information about legal rights you have if you live in a listed jurisdiction.
6. How long is my information kept?
We retain your information in our server logs, our databases, and our records for as long as necessary to provide the Services. We may need to retain some of your information for a longer period, such as in order to comply with our legal or regulatory obligations, to resolve disputes or defend against legal claims, or to enforce our Member Agreement.
7. How is my information protected?
7.1. Account security.
MyPetsNeighborhood™️ uses technical and organizational measures intended to keep your data secure, including using https on our web pages to reduce the risk of unauthorized interception of your communications during your visits to the website and two-factor authentication where appropriate. However, the internet is not a fully secure environment and we cannot guarantee that your personal information won’t be intercepted or improperly accessed. Please ensure that you keep your password safe and do not share it with anyone.
7.2. Other services and websites.
Children are not allowed to use the Services if they are under 13 years old or not old enough for MyPetsNeighborhood™️ to process their personal information without parental or age-specific consent where they live. If you believe we might have collected personal information from a child in one of these categories, please contact us at privacy@MyPetsNeighborhood.com, and if we learn that we have, we will delete their personal information.
10. Contact us.
If you reside in Australia, contact us at MyPetsNeighborhood™️ Australia Pty Ltd, Level 33, Australia Square, 264 George Street, Sydney, New South Wales 2000, Australia. Email: privacy@MyPetsNeighborhood.com.
If you reside in Canada, contact us at MyPetsNeighborhood™️ Canada Ltd, 18 King Street East, Suite 1400, Toronto, Ontario M5C 1C4. Email: privacy@MyPetsNeighborhood.com.
If you reside in the United Kingdom, the Services are operated and provided to you by MyPetsNeighborhood™️ Europe UK Ltd., C/O Legalinx Limited, 3rd Floor, 207 Regent Street, London, W1B 3HH. You may reach our Data Protection Officer at dpo@MyPetsNeighborhood.com.
If you reside in the EU, contact us at MyPetsNeighborhood™️ EMEA Limited, The Greenway, Ardilaun Court, 112-114 St. Stephen’s Green, Dublin 2, D02 TD28reland. Email: privacy@MyPetsNeighborhood.com. You may reach our Data Protection Officer at dpo@MyPetsNeighborhood.com.
If you reside in the United States, contact us at MyPetsNeighborhood™️, Inc., 420 Taylor Street, San Francisco, CA 94102. Phone: +1 415-569-7971. Email: privacy@MyPetsNeighborhood.com.
11. Jurisdiction-specific disclosures.
If you are a California resident, this section applies to you. This section describes how we collect, use, and share your personal information in our capacity as a “business” under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”), and the rights that you have with respect to your personal information. For purposes of this section, “personal information” has the meaning given in the CCPA, but does not include information excluded from the CCPA’s scope.
11.1.1. Personal information we collect, use, and disclose.
|Statutory category of personal information (PI)
(Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.140)
|PI we collect in this category (See Personal information we collect above for description)||Source of PI||Business/
commercial purpose for collection
|Categories of third parties to whom we “disclose” PI for a business purpose|
|Identifiers (other than online identifiers)||● Contact details ● Network details ● Data from other accounts ● Posts, interests, location, and recommendations ● Business information ● Booking information ● Information from third parties and public sources||● You ● Third parties and public sources||● Establishing and developing neighborhoods ● Setting you up on MyPetsNeighborhood™️● Provide and improve the Services ● Create and maintain a trusted environment ● Advertising ● Research and development ● Payment processors||● Public ● Verification partners ● Legal and safety-related third parties ● Advertising partners ● Third party partners ● MyPetsNeighborhood™️corporate family ● Business transferees ● Professional advisors ● Payment processors|
|California Customer Records (as defined in California Civil Code section 1798.80)||● Contact details ● Network details ● Data from other accounts ● Posts, interests, location, and recommendations ● Payment information ● Business information ● Booking information ● Information from third parties and public sources||● You ● Third parties and public sources||● Establishing and developing neighborhoods ● Setting you up on MyPetsNeighborhood™️● Provide and improve the Services ● Create and maintain a trusted environment ● Advertising ● Research and development ● Payment processors||● Public ● Verification partners ● Legal and safety-related third parties ● Advertising partners ● Third party partners ● MyPetsNeighborhood™️corporate family ● Business transferees ● Professional advisors ● Payment processors|
|Commercial Information||● Contact details ● Network details ● Posts, interests, location, and recommendations ● Payment information ● Survey data ● Contests, sweepstakes, and prize drawings data ● Messages and email data ● Business information ● Booking information ● Online activity data ● Information from third parties and public sources||● You ● Your browser and device ● Third parties and public sources||● Establishing and developing neighborhoods ● Setting you up on MyPetsNeighborhood™️● Provide and improve the ServicesProvide and improve the Services ● Create and maintain a trusted environment ● Advertising ● Research and development ● Payment processors||● Public ● Verification partners ● Legal and safety-related third parties ● Advertising partners ● Third party partners ● MyPetsNeighborhood™️ corporate family ● Business transferees ● Professional advisors|
|Financial Information||● Payment information||● You||● Provide and improve the Services ● Create and maintain a trusted environment ● Research and development ● Payment processors||● Legal and safety-related third parties ● Third party partners ● MyPetsNeighborhood™️corporate family ● Business transferees ● Professional advisors|
|Online Identifiers||● Messages and email data ● Contact lists ● Booking information ● Geolocation ● Device data ● Online activity data ● Information from third parties and public sources||● You ● Your browser and device ● Third parties and public sources||● Establishing and developing neighborhoods ● Setting you up on MyPetsNeighborhood™️● Provide and improve the Services ● Create and maintain a trusted environment ● Advertising ● Research and development ● Payment processors||● Verification partners ● Legal and safety-related third parties ● Advertising partners ● Third party partners ● MyPetsNeighborhood™️corporate family ● Business transferees ● Professional advisors|
|Internet or Network Information||● Messages and email data ● Booking information ● Device data ● Online activity data||● You ● Your browser and device ● Third parties and public sources||● Legal and safety-related third parties ● Advertising partners ● Third party partners ● MyPetsNeighborhood™️corporate family ● Business transferees ● Professional advisors|
|Geolocation Data||● Geolocation ● Device data||● You ● Your browser and device||● Legal and safety-related third parties ● Advertising partners ● MyPetsNeighborhood™️corporate family ● Business transferees ● Professional advisors|
|Inferences||May be derived from your: ● Contact details ● Booking information ● Network details ● Posts, interests, location, and recommendations ● Survey data ● Contests, sweepstakes, and prize drawings data ● Messages and email data ● Geolocation ● Device data ● Online activity data ● Information from third parties and public sources||N/A||● Establishing and developing neighborhoods ● Setting you up on MyPetsNeighborhood™️● Provide and improve the Services ● Create and maintain a trusted environment ● Advertising ● Research and development||● Legal and safety-related third parties ● Advertising partners ● Third party partners ● MyPetsNeighborhood™️corporate family ● Business transferees ● Professional advisors|
|Professional or Employment Information||● Business information ● Booking information ● Information from third parties and public sources||● You ● Third party sources||● Establishing and developing neighborhoods ● Setting you up on MyPetsNeighborhood™️● Provide and improve the Services ● Create and maintain a trusted environment ● Advertising ● Research and development||● Public ● Verification partners ● Legal and safety-related third parties ● Advertising partners ● Third party partners ● MyPetsNeighborhood™️corporate family ● Business transferees ● Professional advisors|
|Sensory Information||● Photos and videos||● You||● Establishing and developing neighborhoods ● Setting you up on MyPetsNeighborhood™️● Provide and improve the Services ● Create and maintain a trusted environment ● Advertising ● Research and development||● Public ● Legal and safety-related third parties ● Third party partners ● MyPetsNeighborhood™️corporate family ● Business transferees ● Professional advisors|
11.1.2. What are my rights?
The following rights are not absolute and are subject to exceptions, and we may be required or permitted by law to decline your request. We cannot process your request if you do not provide us with sufficient detail to allow us to understand and respond to it.
22.214.171.124. Access Categories of Information.
You may request the following information about how we have collected and used your personal information during the past 12 months:
● the categories of personal information we have collected about you;
● the categories of sources from which we collected the personal information;
● the business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling the personal information;
● the categories of third parties with whom we share the personal information;
● the categories of personal information that we sold or disclosed for a business purpose; and
● the categories of third parties to whom the personal information was sold or disclosed for a business purpose.
You may make this request by logging into your account if you have one and selecting “Request my information” under the Privacy section of your account settings, submitting a request via email to privacy@MyPetsNeighborhood.com, or calling +1 888-966-2940.
You can see much of your personal information by logging into your MyPetsNeighborhood™️ account.
You may request a copy of the personal information we have collected about you during the past 12 months by logging into your account if you have one and selecting “Request my information” under the Privacy section of your account settings, submitting a request via email to privacy@MyPetsNeighborhood.com, or calling +1 888-966-2940.
You may read this article for more information about how to request a copy of your personal information.
You can remove most content you have posted to MyPetsNeighborhood™️ by logging into your MyPetsNeighborhood™️ account.
You may request that we delete personal information we have collected from you by contacting us if you have an account: please select the “My account” option in the first drop-down menu and the “Delete my account – Calif.” option from the second drop-down menu. You may also submit a request via email to privacy@MyPetsNeighborhood.com or call +1 888-966-2940.
126.96.36.199. Opt-out of sales.
We use services that help deliver interest-based ads to you, which enable us to provide the Services and relevant offers to you.
Our use of these services may be classified under the CCPA as a “sale” of your personal information to the advertising partners that provide the services because they collect information from our users (i.e., the device data and online activity data described in Section 2.2) to help them serve ads more likely to interest you.
You can request to opt-out of this “sale” of your personal information by clicking on the “Do Not Sell My Personal Information” link, where you will find instructions on opting out of the use of your information for interest-based advertising.
You are entitled to exercise your rights described above free from discrimination as prohibited by the CCPA.
11.1.3. Requests by authorized agents.
Your authorized agent may make a request for information, access, and deletion on your behalf upon our verification of the agent’s identity and our receipt of a copy of valid power of attorney given to your authorized agent pursuant to California Probate Code Sections 4000-4465. If you have not provided your agent with such a power of attorney, you must provide your agent signed permission to exercise your CCPA rights on your behalf, provide the information we request to verify your identity, and provide us with written confirmation that you have given the authorized agent permission to submit the request. Authorized agents are required by California law to implement and maintain reasonable security procedures and practices to protect their clients’ information.
11.1.4. Verifying requests for information, access, and deletion.
We will need to verify your identity to process your information, access and deletion requests and reserve the right to confirm your California residency.
If you are a Member, you can verify your identity by submitting your request while logged into your MyPetsNeighborhood™️ account.
If you are a Visitor or a Member who is unable to log in to your account, we may verify your identity by requiring you to provide government identification, give a declaration as to your identity under penalty of perjury, reply to a text message sent to the phone number we have in our records, and/or provide additional information.
11.1.5. Shine the light.
Under California’s Shine the Light law (California Civil Code Section 1798.83), California residents may ask companies with whom they have formed a business relationship primarily for personal, family or household purposes to provide the names of third parties to which they have disclosed certain personal information (as defined under the Shine the Light law) during the preceding calendar year for their own direct marketing purposes and the categories of personal information disclosed. You may send us requests for this information to MyPetsNeighborhood™️, Inc., 420 Taylor Street, San Francisco, CA 94102, Attention: Chief Legal Officer. In your request, you must include the statement “Shine the Light Request,” and provide your first and last name and mailing address and certify that you are a California resident. We reserve the right to require additional information to confirm your identity and California residency. Please note that we will not accept requests via telephone, email, or facsimile, and we are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or that do not have complete information.
11.2. Australia, Canada, UK, and Europe.
If you live in the UK or Europe, this section applies to you. If you live in Australia or Canada, you may have some of the following rights under applicable law.
11.2.1. On what legal basis do you collect my information?
To the extent required by applicable law, we will collect your personal information with your consent where required and in accordance with our legitimate need to provide you our Services.
Under EU law, MyPetsNeighborhood™️ is required to rely on one or more legal bases to collect, use, share, and otherwise process the information we have about you. We describe these legal bases and some accompanying examples in more detail below.
● Performing the Member Agreement
MyPetsNeighborhood™️ processes your information as is necessary to perform our contract with you, the Member Agreement. For example:
– we use your information in order to create your account and set you up as a Member on MyPetsNeighborhood™️;
– we transfer your information outside of the EU to the U.S., such as to MyPetsNeighborhood™️, Inc., in order to provide the Services.
● Your Consent
MyPetsNeighborhood™️ processes certain information based on your consent, which you may revoke at any time. For example:
– where you choose a method of verification to confirm your address, we do so in accordance with your consent;
– if you decide to use location services in the context of MyPetsNeighborhood™️, we collect and process such location information based on your consent;
– we rely on your consent to tailor ads based on off-MyPetsNeighborhood™️ actions and information, including based your activity on other websites and partner data, such as inferred interests;
– we will send you marketing communications where you have consented to receiving such communications in accordance with applicable law;
– where you ask us to notify you when MyPetsNeighborhood™️ is available in your neighbourhood, we do so based on your consent.
● Legal Obligation
MyPetsNeighborhood™️ may process your information in order to comply with a legal obligation, a court order, or to exercise and defend legal claims. For example:
– we may preserve and disclose your information if it is necessary to respond, based on applicable law, to a valid legal request (e.g. a subpoena, search warrant, court order, or other binding request from government or law enforcement); and
– we may retain and process your information where it is necessary for compliance with applicable tax laws.
● Vital Interests
MyPetsNeighborhood™️ might process your information in certain circumstances when it is necessary to protect your vital interests, or those of others. For example:
– we may need to process your information in order to protect your life or safety or the lives or safety of others, or otherwise prevent physical injury or other harm to any person, including you, other Members, Visitors, our staff, or the public;
– we may preserve or share your information with law enforcement and related authorities where we have a good faith belief that it is required in the context of an imminent threat;
– we may share your personal information with disaster relief agencies, first responders and other individuals to facilitate disaster or emergency response efforts.
● Legitimate Interests
We may process your information where it is necessary for the purposes of MyPetsNeighborhood™️’s or a third party’s legitimate interests, such as those of Visitors, Members or partners. In particular, we process your information in furtherance of the following legitimate interests:
– Keeping the Services safe and secure: We use your information because it is necessary to pursue our and our Members’ legitimate interests in ensuring MyPetsNeighborhood™️ is secure, such as implementing and enhancing security measures and protections, protecting against fraud, spam and abuse, and enforcing our Member Agreement.
– Providing, improving, and developing the Services: We use your information to provide the Services, including any personalized services, and to understand and improve our business and our Member relationships. We do so as it is necessary to pursue our legitimate interests of providing an innovative and tailored offering to our Members on a sustained basis.
– Providing seamless Services across the MyPetsNeighborhood™️ group of companies: Where the Services require the engagement of other MyPetsNeighborhood™️ companies, we share your information with such affiliates to provide and improve the Services. For example, information controlled by MyPetsNeighborhood™️ EMEA is transferred to MyPetsNeighborhood™️, Inc., which assists MyPetsNeighborhood™️ EMEA in technically and infrastructurally supplying the Services.
– Providing ads, and measurement and analytics services: We use your information to provide personalized ads both on and off MyPetsNeighborhood™️ and to measure and analyze the success of those ads in order to provide accurate and reliable reporting to our advertisers. We do so as necessary to pursue our legitimate interests of marketing and monetizing our Services.
– Sending marketing communications: We rely on our legitimate interests in marketing and promoting our Services to use your contact information and send you marketing communications in accordance with applicable law, except where applicable law requires that we rely on your consent to send such communications.
– Sharing information for legal and safety reasons: Where required for legal and safety reasons, we may disclose information to law enforcement and related agencies and authorities in furtherance of the legitimate interests described further below.
11.2.2. What are my rights?
You benefit from a number of rights in relation to your information that we process. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. We describe these rights below.
In certain cases, such as for access to, rectification or deletion of your information, please be sure to read the options you have under the “What are My Choices” section above.
If you are unable to obtain the desired information by logging into your MyPetsNeighborhood™️ account, or if you are not currently a MyPetsNeighborhood™️ Member, email us at personal-info@MyPetsNeighborhood.com to request a copy of your MyPetsNeighborhood™️ information. If requested and required to do so by applicable law, we will provide your information in an easily accessible format and assist in transferring some of this information to third parties as you request.
11.2.4. Rectify, restrict, delete.
You can access, rectify, and delete your MyPetsNeighborhood™️ information by logging into your MyPetsNeighborhood™️ account. If you cannot do this or you do not have a MyPetsNeighborhood™️ account, please contact us and we will rectify, restrict, or delete your information if requested and if required to do so by applicable law.
If we process your information based on our legitimate interests explained above, you can object to this processing in certain circumstances. In such cases, we will cease processing your information unless we have compelling legitimate grounds to continue processing (including if we are permitted to continue processing under applicable law) or where it is needed for legal reasons. Where we use your data for direct marketing, you can always object by using the unsubscribe link in such communications, changing your email account settings or, if you do not have an account, by contacting us.
11.2.6. Revoke consent.
If you have a UK or EU Member account and wish to raise a concern about our use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local supervisory authority or MyPetsNeighborhood™️’s lead supervisory authority, the Irish Data Protection Commission.
If you have an Australian or Canadian Member account, please contact us and provide us with as much detail as possible about your complaint. We take all privacy complaints seriously and will assess any complaint with the aim of resolving it in a timely and efficient manner. If you are not satisfied with the outcome of our assessment of your complaint, you may wish to contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (for Australian Members) or the Office of the Privacy Commission of Canada (for Canadian Members).
11.3. Where is my information stored?
If you live in Australia or Canada, we transfer your personal information to the U.S.
If you live in the UK or the EU, we transfer your personal information under these protections:
11.3.1. Standard contractual clauses.
We may use a legal mechanism known as “standard contractual clauses” to protect information transferred outside the EU and the UK. Standard contractual clauses refer to contracts between companies transferring personal information (for example, from MyPetsNeighborhood™️ EMEA Limited to MyPetsNeighborhood™️, Inc.) that contain standard commitments approved by the EU Commission protecting the privacy and security of the information transferred. To request a copy of the clauses, please email us at dpo@MyPetsNeighborhood.com.