Trademark and Copyright Policy
MyPetsWelcome respects the intellectual property rights of others and takes trademark and copyright infringement seriously. Our Member Agreement requires that Content posted on the MyPetsWelcome platform by a third party and not by MyPetsWelcome (“Third Party Content”) is lawful and does not violate the rights of third parties. To promote these objectives, MyPetsWelcome has a simple process for submission of complaints regarding Third Party Content on the MyPetsWelcome platform that allegedly infringes third party intellectual property rights. Our policy and procedures are described below. Capitalized terms used but not defined in this policy are defined in the Member Agreement.
Please note that whether or not MyPetsWelcome removes Third Party Content from the MyPetsWelcome platform, if you submit a takedown notice, MyPetsWelcome may provide copies of such takedown notice to the alleged infringer, which may include your name and contact information. It is also our policy, in appropriate circumstances and in our discretion, to disable and/or terminate the accounts of members who infringe or repeatedly infringe the intellectual property rights of others or otherwise post unlawful Third Party Content. If you are unsure whether the material you are reporting is infringing, you should contact an attorney before submitting a takedown notice to MyPetsWelcome. MyPetsWelcome cannot provide you with legal advice as to whether or not you are entitled to submit a takedown notice.
If you believe in good faith that Third Party Content on the MyPetsWelcome platform infringes your copyright rights, you may send MyPetsWelcome a takedown notice requesting that the Third Party Content be removed. MyPetsWelcome has also designated an agent to receive notices of claimed copyright infringement. Please note MyPetsWelcome will only consider removing Third Party Content that allegedly infringes your copyright rights upon receiving a valid and fully completed takedown as described below.
MyPetsWelcome is not in a position to mediate trademark disputes between third parties or act on reports of trademark infringement that require an in-depth trademark analysis or dispute off the MyPetsWelcome platform. In these types of situations, rather than submitting a notice of trademark infringement to MyPetsWelcome, we suggest that you reach out directly to the third party you believe is infringing your trademark rights or seek resolution of the dispute in court or through other judicial means. If you want to provide MyPetsWelcome with a notice of trademark infringement, MyPetsWelcome will perform a limited investigation of reasonable complaints and may remove Third Party Content only in clear cases of trademark infringement.
Takedown Notice Procedure:
Your takedown notice must include the following information in order for MyPetsWelcome to take action:
- An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright/trademark interest;
- A description of the copyrighted works or trademarks that you claim have been infringed, including registration number and registration office if applicable;
- A description specifying the location on the MyPetsWelcome platform of the material that you claim is infringing (i.e. URL address);
- Your email address, mailing address and/or telephone number;
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the use of the copyright or trademark on the MyPetsWelcome platform is not authorized by the owner of the copyright or trademark, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright/trademark owner or authorized to act on the copyright or trademark owner’s behalf.
Please submit your takedown notice to MyPetsWelcome’s designated agent via email (quickest) or mail as follows:
Attn: Copyright Agent
Dover, DE 119